Christmas Experience 2023
How to prepare for your Shoot?
- Please arrive ready dressed (or in PJ's if you wish to do them) and on time, my Eircode is N91V6X0
- Please be careful driving in and mindful of other familys/children who may be on their way out or running around.
- The Session Fee balance of €200 is payable at the session. Please have the correct amount with you as we will not have access to a card machine and also want to avoid dealing with change as time is limited. If you have a voucher to use towards your session, please do let me know in advance so I can check this against my book.
- Your session will last 20-25 mins, if you are late it will cut into your session time as another family will be booked in after you.
- We have 3 absolutely beautiful scenes for you all this year. We will start with the cosy scene and then move to the other two. Our campfire scene is going to be really lovely and so different, please note this will be a real set however of course the camp fire will not be lit, for obvious reasons, I will add the fire flames and smoke during the editing process.
- Please make sure everyone's fingernails are clean! Believe me there is nothing worse in a photo than seeing dirt under fingernails, it stands out like a sore thumb!
- Make sure your child/ren has napped and eaten before the shoot.
- Please iron your clothes.
- If you wear fake tan please make sure it is applied evenly, I am afraid fake tan lines and orange skin will not be edited.
- Please remove any unnecessary plaster on the kids, fake tattoos etc
- If you or your child wear nail polish , please make sure it looks great or remove it. Please keep in mind that pink or rainbow coloured nail polish is not great for Christmas pictures.
- Make sure all your clothes look great together. Co-Ordinate not matching
- Smaller girls - please make sure to put something underneath their dresses/skirts, to hide the nappy and underwear. (nappy cover)
- Outfits - Christmas PJ's are great and will work lovely with the cosy scene. Please arrive wearing the PJ's as we will do this scene first, the kids (& parents if you wish) can then change into their outfit. If you don't have PJ's you are welcome to bring one second outfit if you wish. We will not have time for more than one change so please don't bring extra. There will be an area sectioned off for you to change.
- *Please avoid pinks/purples/light blue/lime green etc as these colours will not fit well with the set or my editing style. I'm also advising that children don't wear character clothes like Peppa pig/minions/spiderman etc.
- For the outdoor scene a cosy cardigan, hat, scarf, boots, woolly jumpers etc will all look great in the colours mentioned below. Please note coats on small children can be awkward as they are aften puffed up at the side of their faces especially if they child is being held, so sticking to woolly jumpers and cardigans is better.
- Stick to red, green, navy, cream, browns, beige and golds will all look great. Traditional Christmas colours.
- Rubys Boutique, Hazy Days and Shaws in Mullingar all have a lovely selection of children's clothes. As do Dunnes and Pennys. I find H&M and Zara great but very slow delivery. Next also have some beautiful pieces and do next day delivery.
- I will do everything I can to get your child to interact and also smile at times but sometimes it's impossible, when they simply just don't want to smile, I cannot be responsible for your child not smiling.
- Both children and parents are welcome to join in for the shots.
- If you have a baby that can not sit up, parents will need to join in the photo to hold baby unless there is an older sibling that can confidently hold the baby up and follow instructions.
Our Little Experience
Our Hot Choco Van will be back again this year. After your session you are welcome to avail of a complimentary hot chocolate, tea or coffee, along with some really lovely sweet treats by bakery, Janes Kitchen. I ask that you please wait until after your session to have this so that we don't have any spills on clothes or chocolate fingers! We don't have time for cleaning kids in-between sessions!
We will also have a lovely set up of Christmas lights and an area for you to sit with the kids while they write a letter to Santa and post it in our North Pole post box. Feel free to allow your children to bring their santa letters with them if they have them written at home, and post them, as I know this is another job of parents list!
Please be advised that while this is set in my home garden I ask that you do not let your children onto the trampoline etc as this would be completely at your own risk. I also have to advise that any drinks or food consumed are at your own risk and LM Family Photography take no responsibility for allergies, spills etc
As always I am so excited for this years sessions and look forward to meeting you all. I would absolutely love if you tagged us in any posts or stories on your social media while enjoying your hot chocos.
Cancellation or No Show
Unfortunately I have had a few occasions where people have not turned up to their session or cancelled at the last minute. I ask you to please be respectful of my time and the effort that goes into these sessions. If for extreme reasons you need to reschedule your session please contact me at least 48 hours before your session so that I can offer your slot to someone else. Cancellations less than 48 hours or no shows will be invoiced for the full session fee.